The ATFC assisted with the planning of Governor Nathan Deal's Trade Mission to Turkey. The delegation consisting of representatives from various business and education sectors in the State of Georgia were also hosted by the ATFC Board Members in Istanbul and Mersin, Turkey.
- The ATFC co-hosted the "Turkey: A Promising Destination to Grow Your Business" event in Atlanta together with the Turkish Ministry of Economy, and the office of the Turkish Commercial Attache in Miami. The representatives from the Turkish Ministry of Economy gave information on foreign investment opportunities and incentives in Turkey. Keynote speakers were Mr. Rogier M. De Bruin, Director of Sales of TMECA Region, UPS and Mr. Serhat Gostolüpce, Director of Sales, UPS.
- International Women’s Entrepreneurship Summit: Co-sponsored with the Women Entrepreneurs Association of Turkey (KAGIDER) to conduct the inaugural International Women’s Entrepreneurship Summit in Istanbul, Turkey. The Summit achieved its objective to bring together over 300 women leaders and entrepreneurs from all over the world to network and share valuable information. The ATFC successfully coordinated the attendance of U.S.-based speakers for the Summit. Ambassador Melanne Verveer, Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women’s Issues, spoke to the attendees along with a video recording from the U.S. Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, who expressed her enthusiasm and appreciation for inaugurating such a rewarding event to promote women’s empowerment.
- HOW TO DO BUSINESS IN TURKEY: Hosted a luncheon titled “HOW TO DO BUSINESS IN TURKEY.” The event featured the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce (ITO) in collaboration with the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce (MACOC), the MWW Group, and the Georgia Department of Economic Development.
- Discover America Program: Hosted a cocktail reception for a delegation of Turkish businessmen and women visiting Atlanta as part of the “Discover America Program”. This was organized by The Turkish Industrialists’ and Businessmen’s Association (TUSIAD).
- TSO-Business Forum: Sponsor the Turkish Student Organization at Georgia Tech. to conduct the "TSO Business Forum" which host prominent Turkish and Turkish-American professionals, businessmen, and academia in the United States. The events enable the students to interact with successful professionals and academia to benefit from their knowledge and experience. The keynote speakers included Ahmet Bozer, Executive VP and President of Coca-Cola International and Tolbert Yilmaz, President of Eurotard Dance Fashions.
- Junior Chamber International: Co-hosted the “Turkish Culture Night” with the Junior Chamber International (JCI) of Atlanta to allow young professionals to network and socialize with ATFC’s experienced professional members. The guests also had the opportunity to learn about Turkish culture including Turkish history, travel, business environment and Turkish cuisine.
The ATFC represents and works closely with the following institutes, organizations, and chambers to promote their programs and events and vice versa:
- Georgia Department of Economic Development
- ISPAT - Investment Support and Promotion Agency of Turkey in New York
- MACOC, Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
- TACC-SE, Turkish American Chamber of Commerce Southeast, United States
- TOBB-US, Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey
- Turkish Commercial Attaché, Turkish Embassy, Washington DC
- Turkish Commercial Attaché, Turkish Consulate General, NY
- Turkish Commercial Attaché, Turkish Consulate General, Miami
- TUSIAD-US, Turkish Industrialists’ and Businessmen’s Association
- WCC, World Chamber of Commerce
- Turkish American Council, Washington DC
- TABA-AMCHAM, Turkish American Business Association - U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- ANGIKAD, Ankara Business Women Entrepreneurs and Enhancement Association
- DEIK, Foreign Economic Relations Board and TAIK, Turkish-American Business Council
- GYIAD, Young Leaders and Businessmen’s Association
- IZIKAD, Association of Business Women in Izmir
- Office of Turkish Ministry of Science, Industry &Technology
- Office of Turkish Ministry of Trade and Undersecretariat for Foreign Trade
- PAWI, Professional American Women of Istanbul